Team Memebers

Get OutSide, Go fish

Seriously, get yourself outside. Take your kids. Take your family. Just go. Get out. Do something, but don't sit inside. Go hiking, fishing, boating.....Take a camera......most important, HAVE FUN!!!

The Problem With Doing Nothing Is You Can't Tell When Your Done.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hometown Fishing

Sometimes I drive by a stream and wonder why no one ever fished it. I grew up in Richmond, Indiana. Just a small Indiana town, sleepy, not much going on. But, if you like to fish it's a great place to be. One reason I say this is because the East Fork of The Whitewater River flows right thru Richmond. When I was a kid, most people, if they wanted to fish it would just through a worm and bobber and hope for the best. Hope for a catfish or maybe a big ole carp. But the truth of it is, that this part of the river is full of smallmouth. I only know of a few people who ever wade that part of the river, and I guess it's a good thing, because if there were a lot of anglers targeting that part of the river it probably would not be that good. ....Here's the scoop, the East Fork of The Whitewater River has good fishing above and below the resevoir. Period. But it does get a lot of pressure down by Liberty. The West Fork is a better fishery than the East fork, but gets more pressure. In my opinion, south of Richmond all the way thru Abington, is a great stretch. Worth hitting.

I had some time and did just that over the memorial day weekend. I caught 5 smallmouth and a very short amount of time on a very short stretch of the river. Not big ones, but fun stream smallmouth. Check out my short video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment