Team Memebers

Get OutSide, Go fish

Seriously, get yourself outside. Take your kids. Take your family. Just go. Get out. Do something, but don't sit inside. Go hiking, fishing, boating.....Take a camera......most important, HAVE FUN!!!

The Problem With Doing Nothing Is You Can't Tell When Your Done.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Mad River

We have had so much rain around here, I can't believe I even thought about hitting a river today....

So I pulled up to the Mad River, here in Fairborn, Ohio. Now as soon as I got out of the car and saw the river i knew I was screwed. Talk about swollen, this river was so full of water, that I almost(keyword: almost) got my but back in the car and said hell with it. That is what any normal man would have done. But no not me, I was there and had an hour to waist so why not. It was so muddy, and was spilling over the banks. About 90 degrees, and humid. Bad humid, hard to breathe humid. Why was I out in that crap. Knowing I could not catch a smallmouth in that kinda environment, I tied on a chartreuse spinner with a double blade on it. Hoping for the best, knowing the outcome was not gonna be good. But here is the kicker, while I was pulling on my waders, my cell phone rang. Guess who it was? It was Marshall, the other RiverHunter, calling from Virginia just to say he had video of himself pulling a 19inch smallmouth from the Little New River down there.....yep I knew I wasn't gonna catch a darn thing.....and I didn't.

Water is way to high to do any good. To muddy to say the least. To hot for any sane individual....and as I sit here and write this story, it is raining out, lightning, thundering, and adding even more water to the river that I scouted out today. Just to waste an hour of my time or so( A part of me thinks I didn't waste anytime, as this was a scouting trip, like they all are)....better luck next time.

Tight Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment