Team Memebers

Get OutSide, Go fish

Seriously, get yourself outside. Take your kids. Take your family. Just go. Get out. Do something, but don't sit inside. Go hiking, fishing, boating.....Take a camera......most important, HAVE FUN!!!

The Problem With Doing Nothing Is You Can't Tell When Your Done.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

CranBerry River - Again




.....I sure do do love the State of West Virginia. So much, that on Sunday July 25th, 2010, when my buddy asked me if I wanted to head off to the Cranberry River for 1 day of trout fishing, all I could do was ask, "When do we leave?".

The answer to that was, that evening. So I had to leave work, at 4pm and had about 20minutes to get my stuff in order. Not that hard since I keep my backpack ready to go at all times. I just went thru a quick check list of things, grabbed my fishing gear and we hit the road by 5pm.

Now, the mountain in question is about 4 1/2 hours away. But we always stop at the Wal Mart to grab what food we need, and any other stuff we can find. Which makes it a 5 1/2 hour trip.....Which means we get to the top of the mountain very late.....Which is what happened. Now we had to make a decision, hike down Fisherman's Trail when we got there, or camp out till daybreak and head on down the mountain at daybreak. Now we tend to air on the side of "really nuts", but even we knew that going down that trail at night is a real bad idea. So we chose to go in at first light.....I am wired at midnight after the long drive and can barely sleep, but I managed to get a few hours in before daybreak....then it was down the mountain for a day on the Cranberry river trout fishing. In some circles this is called "TroutPacking". Backpacking into the back country to do some trout fishing, no better way to go.....

We fished that Monday, and had a great time. My buddy Marshall caught a lot of trout. Rainbows, Brown, and a Brook trout....I caught a few as well. We made camp that night, ate some dinner, and hiked our tired selves back out on Tuesday morning to head back to Dayton, Ohio.....quick trip. ....

Another fishing adventure....check out our video at www.youtube.com/riverhunters.

No comments:

Post a Comment