Team Memebers

Get OutSide, Go fish

Seriously, get yourself outside. Take your kids. Take your family. Just go. Get out. Do something, but don't sit inside. Go hiking, fishing, boating.....Take a camera......most important, HAVE FUN!!!

The Problem With Doing Nothing Is You Can't Tell When Your Done.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lake fishing 5/17/2009


Talk about great weather, it is one of those perfect late spring evenings. A cold front has come thru and left the place perfect. Cooler, blue bird skies, lots of sun. I talk the person I am with into driving by this lake, it's a 5 acre pond really. Deep, strip pit. Sits in a metro park with a soccer complex nearby. One side is deep and clear, water hitting jagged rocks, coming out of the water. The other side splashes up next to mature trees, not as deep but awesome looking none the less....To bad I only have a little bit of time.....I grab my rod, and tie on a double tail skirted jig. Kinda a mossy color, been using this color this spring and has been producing lots of fish.....on this evening I pull out to small Large mouth in a matter of 15 minutes. If I was alone, and able to switch up baits I probably could land a few. These post cold front bass are a bit finicky. Not to mention I thing they have spawned, females not bitting. ....Lot's of fun anyways. No way would I complain about a great evening like this. Best part, a group of kids from the soccer park watched as I hit one of the bass and got really excited, and my son was there to see it all. How great is that. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment